Why don’t those high school career aptitude tests have any option for professional witch?
- Love mythology, folk and fairy tales?
- Feel your heart swell when you see an especially friendly piece of Spirit Quartz?
- Consider Gaia your girlfriend?
- Identify wholeheartedly as a feminist?
- Love to write, move, and make things?
- Want to help people find their biggest, most bad ass beautiful self?
- Believe allopathic medicine is not the only path towards healing?
- Feel able to hold space for people to find their own way towards happiness?
- Politically lean towards compassionate anarchism?
- Want to overthrow White Supremacist Capitalist Patriarchy?
If you answered yes to six or more of these questions, then maybe you should consider becoming a witch! Or at the very least a healer or creator of some sort.
Sadly, no one suggested witch as career choice to me as a teenager, yet, here I am anyway.
When I first started transitioning my art practice into a full blown ART WITCH HEALER career, I had no idea that it was possible to actually make a decent living doing the things I loved best in the world.
There are so many things I’ve learned that I wish I’d known when I was first starting out, all of which I want to share with you.
Now, my days are spent leading people into healing trance states, practicing ceremonial magic, reading tarot, traveling to Joshua Tree, making sigils, empowering people to create the lives they want for themselves, and writing think pieces about the relationship between witchcraft and contemporary art.
AND, I make more money than I ever did as: adjunct instructor, educational administrator, arts educator, magician’s assistant, waitress, or any of the many other jobs I’ve had (and often hated) throughout my life.
If you want to know how to take your private passions and turn them into a PAID reality, join me for this 3 hour workshop, where you will learn things like:
- How to figure out which one of your many passions you should focus on to create a business you love
- How to get started generating a client base for your business
- How to monetize your passions and not feel like a guilty sell out for doing it
- The most important things to get set up before you begin your business AND the things you need to avoid wasting your time on at all costs
- Simple strategies you can start using straight away to shift yourself from business “moaner” to business OWNER
- 3 easy shifts in mindset to help you overcome the internal blocks that prevent you from starting your own business (fear of failure, fear of embarrassment, and fear of poverty)
By the time you leave this workshop you should have a clear idea of what business you want to start, and have a list of the most important things you need to start doing in order to make that business a reality.
Saturday August 12th, 1pm – 4pm — $50.
Remember, the world will be a better place when people like you and I are making money doing what we love instead of slaving away, miserable, working for people that exploit us.
When you have money you can buy your friend’s ceramics; pay for a place at your friend’s yoga retreat; support your brother’s non-profit.
You are an intersectional feminist, an environmentalist, a believer in justice and equality, a lover of art and culture. You will do good things for this world and you don’t have time to waste working for The Man.
You can do this! You can support yourself doing the thing that you love!
When: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 1-4pm
Where: Private home in West Adams, near DTLA (RSVP here for more details)
How Much: $50
If you have questions before you sign up, email me here.